Disclaimer

This blog is not affiliated with the Melbourne Heart in any official capacity, and its opinions are solely those of its contributors. Let it also be understood that the opinions expressed within are not necessarily the opinions of the broader Melbourne Heart community, and should not be construed as such unless otherwise indicated.

Stories

Monday, January 11, 2010

Get Ethiopian

Four Four Two Reports that "Melbourne Heart have signed exciting young Ethiopian-born AIS striker Kamal Ibrahim as the new A-League club’s squad takes shape.

The left-sided winger who has already played for Australia at U17 level says his move to Heart feels like a homecoming after spending a number of years at the VIS.

Ibrahim moves to Melbourne in March after his commitments with the AIS in the National Youth League.

The 17-year-old says he accepts it will be difficult to gain a starting spot at Heart and with no youth league team till the following season, it won't be easy for him to nail down a regular starting berth.

"It's going to be hard at the start, I reckon. But obviously the coach thinks I've got potential," Ibrahim told au.fourfourtwo.com after the weekend's NYL game in Gosford.

"And I'm not going to put my head down [and get disappointed] if I don't start. It's a good team, and a good coach and I'm going to work hard and if I get my chance hopefully I can prove myself."

Heart have already signed Kristian Sarkies, Dean Heffernan, Matt Thompson and Jason Hoffman.

"I'm very skilful and I'm looking to bring something to the fans," Ibrahim said.

"Some of the players here do what the coach says, 'pass, pass, pass' but African players can do other things too so together we can create some good football."

No comments: